Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation and an exercise facility.
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom (CFAITC) is dedicated to helping students and teachers across our great state gain an understanding of how agriculture provides the daily essentials necessary to make our society and our world function. With more than 7 million students in California, it is important that these children – the next generation of consumers, parents and decision-makers – grow up with an understanding of agriculture’s critical contributions to our society. Our mission is to increase awareness and understanding of agriculture among California’s educators and students. Our vision is an appreciation of agriculture by all.
- Generate written content for annual publications, grant writing and fundraising efforts.
- Serve as lead coordinator for promotion of CFAITC activities via print, website and on social media platforms
- Provide graphic design assistance throughout CFAITC programs
- Collaborate with fellow staff members to maintain current information and design on CFAITC website including management of graphics
- Develop and send e-newsletter to constituency and CFBF Action Reports each month
- Compose press releases and develop relationships with various news outlets
- Coordinate Imagine this… Story Writing Contest from promotion, implementation, budget, selection, evaluation, and plan and execute the Imagine this… ceremony annually
- Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, communication or education-related field required
- Proven ability to convey information in an engaging and effective manner to an audience in the form of public speaking and in written communications, using appropriate grammar, punctuation and terminology
- Experience in event coordination and promotion of projects including managing project timelines and budgets.
- Represent CFAITC at workshops and conferences in both the education and agriculture events
- Creative and strategic thinker to assist with the expansion of CFAITC reach
- Manage multiple concurrent projects as assigned, managing communication, timeline, budgets, promotion and evaluation
- Contribute to the success of grants and other funding sources by providing narratives, budgets, timelines and reporting/evaluation for a variety of projects
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and In Design preferred
- General knowledge of the agriculture industry and education process in California
- Ability to travel within California (some overnight) up to 3-5 days per month
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time, lift 30lbs and set up and tear down exhibits
- Acts as a liaison for the organization by facilitating communication between California Farm Bureau Federation (CFBF) and the local county Farm Bureaus (CFB) within the designated region.
- Provides CFB leadership with membership marketing resources and support.
- Organizes regional CFB conferences, events, training and other activities, as appropriate.
- Assists with implementation of CFB office procedures and provides guidance on coordinating other functions, as requested.
- Develops and maintains relationships with CFBF district directors and assists them, as needed.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of CFBF divisional and affiliate programs and services to act as a resource for CFB leaders and staff.
- Guides CFB staff in the implementation of their membership marketing plan, including recruitment, retention, outreach, and education to reach their membership goal and promote member service programs.
- Coordinates orientation and training for CFB officers, staff, and other volunteer leaders.
- Assists in developing and promoting CFB committees; i.e. membership, YF&R, Rural Health, Safety, FARM PAC®, public affairs, etc.
- Attends and participates in CFB board meetings to monitor local issues and share feedback, concerns, and recommendations with appropriate CFBF staff.
- Develops a working relationship with CFBF benefit partners and promotes the value of member benefits.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a volunteer organization, preferably in a membership/leadership capacity; organizing membership recruitment and retention activities; presenting information to audiences at various levels and effectively training and motivating volunteer workers.
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relations, written and verbal communication, organization and prioritization, and resourcefulness. A foundation of business practices, marketing, and sales techniques, is preferred.
- Representative's office will be in their home. Extensive travel, including some overnight, to CFB offices within the designated region, as well as frequent travel to CFBF headquarters office in Sacramento. The Southern California region includes the following counties: Santa Barbara Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Imperial, Riverside, San Bernardino, Inyo and Mono.
Performs and/or coordinates vendors engaged in facilities maintenance and building security.
- Performs and, as necessary, coordinates through vendors, facilities maintenance services and repairs including plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, HVAC, security system, electrical servicing to the organization's facilities, janitorial services and grounds maintenance.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications, safety regulations and building codes and maintains records and service/repair schedules.
- Oversight of onsite building security vendor and provides backup coverage, as necessary.
- Assists with maintaining company fleet records to ensure all vehicles are maintained properly, leases are current, and all legal insurance and registrations are in place.
- Maintains, enforces and regularly trains all staff on company’s safety and emergency evacuation policy and practices.
- First point of contact for building tenants and members of River Plaza Property Association on facilities related matters.
- Arranges conference room set-up for company and outside meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience performing related duties.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel including the ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets.
- Experience generating and managing building maintenance operating budget.
- Ability to travel to additional local worksite, as needed.