Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation, an onsite café, exercise facility and covered parking garage.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the California Farm Bureau Federation’s (CFBF) system infrastructure, including administration, monitoring, upgrades, security, backup/recovery, and documentation of the system environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules Host System operational support, administration, processing, and upgrades and deploys system changes using automated deployment tools (e.g. WDS and PDQ).
- Oversees Data Center systems performance monitoring/analysis/tuning and physical infrastructure monitoring.
- Oversees system log monitoring and alerting.
- Executes enterprise backup & recovery administration.
- Assists with planning and execution of server patching/hardening.
- Provisions and maintains test and training environments.
- Performs Office 365 / Exchange administration & monitoring.
- Oversees digital certificate renewal and DNS registration and renewal.
- Oversees SharePoint Administration and the digital phone system (VOIP).
- Analyzes vulnerabilities identified in system scans and provides mitigation recommendations / performs mitigation.
- Assist manager with creating, updating and testing security processes, procedures, and remediation of any security vulnerabilities.
- Assists in monitoring ticketing systems. Prioritizes and assigns ticket response to staff in Manager’s absence.
- Provides 2nd level situation management for incidents and 2nd & 3rd level management for vendor application incidents.
- Provides guidance to Help Desk staff and project oversight as needed.
- Create and update documentation for knowledge base.
- Other duties may include special projects as assigned, providing support in all project phases from planning and analysis to implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Including other duties assigned by the IT Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management information systems or Computer Science or 3–5 years managing enterprise systems in VMware, Azure infrastructure and MS Active Directory
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Administrator), VMware Certification, Azure Certification. 3–5 years of experience implementing and managing Microsoft and VMware infrastructures.
- Must be customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills, dependable and flexible
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with the skills to provide mentorship and training to less experienced peers
- Adept at reading, writing and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Ability to research software issues and products as required while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Highly self- motivated with keen attention to detail and proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 3-5 years of technical hands-on system administration experience in a Microsoft environment, VMware, Azure and Office 365
- Support experience and working knowledge of Nimble SAN.
- Experience with HPE Server DL series servers
- Experience supporting firewalls. (CISCO and Fortinet)
- Experience with routing & switching with CISCO equipment and VMware.
- Experience with MS BackOffice Technology (Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, MS Server 2008, 2012 and 2016)
- Working knowledge of system performance configuration and tuning techniques.
- Understanding of network security systems, monitoring, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of current storage technologies such as SAN or NAS, as well as LDAP/NFS/CIFS integration
- Experience with data protection systems and disaster recovery systems.
- Support experience with ERP systems
- Demonstrated project management and problem analysis/resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train staff in concepts related to areas of expertise.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours or on weekends to accomplish tasks that cannot be completed during normal business hours.
- Capacity to lift up to 50 lbs